Soccer Markets Worth Betting On!
Whenever you are putting together a parlay you need to be mindful about what betting markets are going in. Certain markets are always more favourable for a parlay and in Soccer, this is never more true!
The betting markets in soccer are just perfect for parlay betting and I go on to explain which ones you should consider next time.
5 Best Soccer Markets
- Win-Draw-Win (Moneyline)- In soccer betting the moneyline is nearly always a 3 way market. Although the draw is annoying in this sport, it’s our friend when it comes to odds. We can achieve much higher odds when backing a team to win which makes this betting market the perfect pick for a parlay.
- BTTS (Both Teams To Score) – Probably my favourite soccer market as it’s so possible to come in during any match. Certain teams favour this bet and also certain leagues too. Once you start to study this market across soccer leagues and teams, you will quickly love this bet option in your parlays.
- Over / Under 2.5 Goals – Also known as the totals, this market is great when a team is a strong favourite to win. Backing a game to have goals can increase your chances as it doesn’t matter who wins or even who scores. We just need 3 goals or more! Or on the flip, we need less than 3 goals. I would stick to over personally as its just more exciting and easier to pick out.
- Handicap – Just like other US sports this is the equivalent of the spread. This market can be very helpful when we fancy a strong favourite or the game is close enough to back the underdog.
- Corners Over Under – Corner betting is massively over looked but can add real value to your parlay if you find a nice line. Some teams are just setup to attack and therefore get more corners. Use this market to your advantage as it can help to push them odds up with a fairly low risk level.
Other Soccer Markets to note
- First Goalscorer – Can add big odds, very risky
- Anytime Goalscorer – Good when strikers are in form
- Match Result and BTTS – Decent odds
- Over Under Cards / Bookings – Good for strong rival games
- Double Chance – Team can win or draw, good for parlays
- Half Time / Full Time – Risky for parlays
- Correct Score – Massive odds, avoid for parlays
What markets do I include in my Parlay?
My favourite soccer market for parlay betting is Over 2.5 Goals. It’s the market where I have had the most success and I just feel its easy to research each game week. Recent form goes along way for this betting market so I would encourage anyone just starting out in soccer betting to use this.
I always have 5-6 bets in my soccer parlays. Out of these I would say on average i have at least 2 Over 2.5 goal bets, 1-2 BTTS and 2-3 straight up win markets.
This has always served me well and I think you can pick these out each week as a solid betting options. Its all about finding the very best bets, adding them together in a parlay to maximise our winnings!
Best EPL Betting Markets
The EPL season runs from August through May every year and is arguably the best soccer league in the world. There are currently 5-6 teams that are stronger than the rest and do win more often. They are priced accordingly though but good picks for soccer parlays.
The current best teams in the EPL are;
– Manchester City
– Tottenham Hotspur
– Manchester United
– Newcastle United
With these teams you can look to take them on the handicap and place in to your parlays. Typically you can get a good price for them to win -1. I would mostly look for this option when they playing a team not in the above list.
Tip – When the above teams are playing each other, back Both Teams to Score. This bet wins around 63% of the time and is a great pick for any parlay.
So, what are the best betting markets for EPL parlays? You will not be surprised to know that they don’t really differ from the above top 5. You can find outstanding value though as all games are competitive due to the high standard of the league. There is often a few upsets each week though so please be wary of this.
Best MLS Betting Markets
*Hot Stat* – In August 2022, 66% of games have seen BTTS and 62% resulted in over 2.5 goals
Here is the breakdown;
– 42 Games
– 28 resulted in Both teams Scoring
– 26 games featured over 2.5 goals
The MLS has always been a fairly high scoring league and the stats prove it. It certainly makes the BTTS and Over / under 2.5 goals markets the ones to favour in your parlays.
First and anytime goalscorer markets are also good value in the MLS. Especially as plenty of European super stars are heading over in their final years. They are normally a cut above the rest and don’t find it too hard to find the back of the net.
Give yourself the very best chance of winning and use the markets above to create your parlay bets.
If you want to read more on MLS Parlay betting, you should check that page as it’s loaded with amazing tips for you.
Thanks for reading